#HATEFREE: Strengthening the bilateral cooperation between Norway and Lithuania in preventing hate speech and mainstreaming equal opportunities
The purposes of this project are: 1) to increase the Applicant’s competence in preventing hate speech and carrying out educational activities about it; 2) to mainstream equal opportunities and non-discrimination principles using good practice, establishing cooperation, and promoting mutual exchange with partners from Norway.
The main objectives of this project are:
- to increase the competence of specialists that provide specialized support services to victims of hate crimes and hate speech while also increasing the capability of Lithuania’s equality body and law enforcement to prevent hate crimes and hate speech;
- to increase public knowledge of the harmful phenomenon of hate-related crimes and incitement to hatred;
- to increase the competence of the Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson to carry out preventative and educational activities ensuring equal opportunities;
- to share the good practice of Norway in providing help to victims of hate related crimes and hate speech;
- to increase the visibility of the EEA and Norway Grants and strengthen the Norwegian Embassy’s partnership with the Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson.
- a study visit to Norway. Participants: members of the support providers’ network established next to the Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson, representatives of equality body and law enforcement;
- a broad national awareness-raising campaign that increases public awareness of harmful phenomenon of hate crimes and hate speech;
- organization of National Equality and Diversity Awards in 2022;
- international conference on the provision of specialized support services for victims of hate crimes and hate speech. It will take place at National Human Rights Forum 2021;
- increasing the visibility of EEA and Norway Grants and Norwegian Embassy as a supporter of Lithuanian civil society;
- ensuring the sustainability of the partnership between project’s partners.
The project is funded by EEA and Norway Grants.
Project Manager – Rūta Juodelytė, firstname.lastname@example.org, +370 520 50637.
For more information, please contact the Communications Coordinator Izabelė Švaraitė, email@example.com, +370 520 50634.
Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson of the Republic of Lithuania